So while I am sitting in my 85 degree hospital room turning 12 shades of red and waiting for the fan that was ordered an hour ago to arrive I started thinking about all the symptoms I've had the last several months and I realize now that my MS started while I was pregnant, not after. When I was pregnant I remember having some strange sensations in various parts of my body, mainly my left arm and thigh. I remember it tingling and being numb and hypersnsitive. Being the stubborn person I am, I chalked it up to some weird pregnancy symptoms. And then once Abigail was born I chalked my strange back, neck, feet and hypersensitivity up to back and neck strain from the new lifestyle of raising a baby. All the while more and more lesions were forming. Perhaps if I was not so stubborn and looked into my symptoms sooner I would not be where I am today. Sitting in this bed with 1000mg of steroids dripping painfully into my completely useless arm. I wanted to post this because hindsight is always 20/20..and if my hindsight can help you or a friend decide to speak up about your abnormal symptoms, maybe you can be diagnosed and treated before your symptoms affect your everyday life. You know your body better than anyone else, if something is off, call your doctor and make them listen to you!
My latest adventure in DIY Naturals...Toothpaste. Now, this isn't my favorite tasting product ever...but generally, anything with baking soda isnt very yummy. However, knowing that it is sooooo much better than the chemical crap in store bought toothpaste...helps it taste a little better. :) Have you noticed how expensive toothpaste is getting? It can be well over $4.00 a tube. And, if you buy organic or all natural toothpaste from the health food store, you're looking at closer to $10! I spent $8 on a little tiny tube of tooth gel for Abigail because I didn't want her to ever use the regular store bought junk. Did you know that Fluoride is poisonous to us? The following information is pulled from a great article that you can read here "Fluoride is a pollutant, a by-product of copper, iron and aluminum manufacturing. The problem of how to legally dispose of fluoride was solved in the 1930's when a study (funded by on...

A Journey Through Chronic Pain: Hope for Tomorrow on fb and Neuro talk
ReplyDelete