Skip to main content

Homemade Laundry Detergent & Fabric Softener Recipes!

Homemade Liquid Laundry Soap- 

Front or top load machine

Works great in HE machines as well because it is not a super sudsy detergent

1  Fels-Naptha soap bar1 Cup - Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda½ Cup Borax4  Cups - hot tap water

- Grate bar of soap and add to saucepan with water. Stir continually over medium-low heat until soap dissolves and is melted.-Fill a 5 gallon bucket half full of hot tap water. Add melted soap, washing soda and Borax. Stir well until all powder is dissolved. Fill bucket to top with more hot water. Stir, cover and let sit overnight to thicken.-Stir and fill a used, clean, laundry soap dispenser half full with soap and then fill rest of way with water. Shake before each use. (will gel)-Optional: You can add 10-15 drops of essential oil per 2 gallons. Add once soap has cooled. Ideas: lavender, rosemary, tea tree oil, orange.

-Yield: Liquid soap recipe makes 10 gallons.-Top Load Machine- 5/8 Cup per load (Approx. 180 loads)-Front Load Machines- ¼ Cup per load (Approx. 640 loads)



Inexpensive Fabric Softener Recipes

Recipe #1
1  Cup White Vinegar
Add vinegar to rinse cycle. Works great. Removes residue and odors. Also helps to keep washing machine and hoses fresh and clean too.



**I LOOOOOVE this! Vinegar works awesome! And it's sooo inexpensive!**




Recipe #2
1  Container of Name Brand Fabric Softener
4  Inexpensive sponges, cut in half

Pour entire container of softener into a 5 gallon bucket. Fill empty softener container with water twice. (2 parts water to 1 part softener) Add sponges to softener/water mixture. When ready to use wring out extra mixture from one sponge and add to the dryer as you would a dryer sheet.




**I got all ingredients at WalMart in the Laundry Aisle (except for vinegar).  Detergent was very easy and quick to make!**
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All Natural Homemade Toothpaste

My latest adventure in DIY Naturals...Toothpaste. Now, this isn't my favorite tasting product ever...but generally, anything with baking soda isnt very yummy.  However, knowing that it is sooooo much better than the chemical crap in store bought toothpaste...helps it taste a little better. :)  Have you noticed how expensive toothpaste is getting? It can be well over $4.00 a tube.  And, if you buy organic or all natural toothpaste from the health food store, you're looking at closer to $10!  I spent $8 on a little tiny tube of tooth gel for Abigail because I didn't want her to ever use the regular store bought junk.   Did you know that Fluoride is poisonous to us?  The following information is pulled from a great article that you can  read here "Fluoride is a pollutant,  a by-product of copper, iron and aluminum manufacturing. The problem of how to legally dispose of fluoride was solved in the 1930's when a study (funded by on...

MEDICATION: Meant to "heal" me....but might be making me "feel" worse.....

I know I haven't written anything in FOREVER.  To be honest, life just got in the way.  Kids, family, projects, my health....everything.  But as soon as I opened the mail this evening, I knew I needed to post something about this....and a little Facebook rant was just not enough. Every month I get this lovely statement in the mail from my Health Insurance company showing how much was paid out by my primary and secondary insurances for my prescriptions each month....... Side Note:   I am absolutely not some pill happy person.  I HATE taking medication.  And what's worse, none of mine are easy little pills....they're all injections. Needles. God awful jabbing little things that I have to stick into my hips, tummy, and thighs.  Hoping I don't hit a vein and bleed like a stuck pig or swell up like crazy....or get a bruise like someone has beaten me. I have had so many people ask me "Well, you take xyz for fatigue right?" or "you know about xyz f...

The Dirty Little Secret about Deodorant...

So this post is from my other blog...   http://anewlifeforusall.blogspot.com/ .  I will duplicate some of the posts over to here...but please check that site out too if you are interested in reading my posts about natural products and creations! :) Source So Deodorant. We all know what it is...and I'd say probably 99% of us use it.  Why?  Well, originally it started off as a way to keep away the smell from sweating that was caused by dirt and bacteria.  But as times changed the newest and greatest thing was added to many deodorants..... ANTIPERSPIRANT. I am certain that the majority of people purchase their Antiperspirant Deodorants with out even giving a seconds thought to what they are putting on their body and what this product is actually doing to them. Let's take a look at the ingredients list on the back of a deodorant container... So the main ingredient I want to talk about just so happens to be the #1 Active Ingredient in an...