Skip to main content

GET FIT with Old Navy Active Wear!

Hey, All Things Abigail readers! Melissa has graciously consented to letting me use her blog to review our recent venture to Old Navy, where we scored some free active wear, courtesy of Old Navy & Crowdtap:

Two Sundays before Christmas is a DANGEROUS time to head to a major shopping complex, but the allure of free active wear was just too strong to resist. Melissa convinced me to pull my lazy butt out of bed early and we hit Old Navy about 30 minutes after the mall opened---perfect timing! Old Navy was pretty empty when we arrived and we had the dressing room to ourselves (always a bonus, with a toddler running around).

The selection of styles and colors was pretty slim at our local Old Navy; most of the pants were black, and being New Englanders in mid-December, we both chose to bulk up our winter wardrobe by selecting a multi-tasking fleece jacket:


Black is my wardrobe staple, and I swore I’d pick a “color” for this sample share....but, I wanted something I could get away with wearing at work. My building is wicked drafty and this black fleece perfect! The zip down was available in a few other colors, but they either weren’t office appropriate, or they were white (and me wearing white never ends well). I really wanted to try either the GoDRY Running Top or the active stretch pullovers (love the little thumb holes) but (of course!) our store didn’t have either in stock:



As for pants, there really wasn’t much of a selection, basically different black or grey styles of yoga pants. There were a few compression pants, but they were all capris (and let’s be serious, it’s NEW ENGLAND and its COLD!). Melissa and I dug through racks and racks of black yoga pants, finally settling on this flattering bootcut pair:


Honestly, it’s been too cold to wear these, but I'm sure I will pull out the yoga pants next week when my sister and I start our new workout routine: cardio kickboxing on the Wii! (Let's all take a moment & hope she doesn't end up kicking me in the head during an intense workout).
And of course, an All Things Abigail post wouldn't be complete without an appearance from Abigail herself! Here’s all three of us in the dressing room area at ON (notice the “our faves!” in the background):



If you haven't signed up for Crowdtap yet, you totally should! Last year alone, I received about $200 in free Old Navy merch, plus a few other random sample shares, AND you get rewarded for participation with Amazon gift cards. Pretty awesome, huh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kicking MS in the Face!!

Super old picture-didn't have much on my laptop, but it does the trick!       So I still have absolutely no use of my right hand but I'm going to attempt an update.   After the MRI I expected to have to wait until Tuesday for the results. Thursday AM my mother called and said she was flying in. While I was really trying to deal with this without help, it was starting to take its toll. I was feeling progressively worse and it was getting harder to do anything at all. My left arm had been getting numb and my right just keeps getting worse. We picked her up Thursday afternoon. Shortly after we got home the neurologists office called and said my results were back and my doctor didn't want me to wait until Tuesday so he asked another doctor to squeeze me in. My appointment was for Friday at 12:45. I arrived with my own personal support army: My hubby, daughter, mother, and amazing friends Cheryl and Renee. I was nervous though certain I knew the findings.  Once we all packe

Multiple Sclerosis: Defined

Mommy & Abigail  What exactly is Multiple Sclerosis? I've had many people telling me that they are glad I am all better and other people telling me that they are sure I will beat this. While I appreciate all of these warm wishes, I want to be sure that everyone understands how serious this really is. I've had a few customers that have acted as though I had a case of the flu and was now on the mend, and one even told me not to bother with the medicine the doctor prescribed but to just drink sugar water with lemon because that will fix me.  MS is not something that you can overcome or beat. It isnt going anywhere. Like other diseases such as cancer, my MS could go into remission and there could be months or maybe even years where I remain relatively symptom free, but this crazy thing will always be lurking. I myself am still trying to come to terms with that overwhelming information. It is not just a temporary hiccup, but a lifestyle changer. I will not let it define me, b

Sandbags, Snow, and JELLO..

   I originally wanted to start this blog as a way to chronicle my journey as a mother to my eight month old daughter as she grows...as I sit here at 2:37am, I fear that may have somewhat changed. For about four or five months now I have been having some strange symptoms that I have always attributed to my back or neck being out of whack due to having a new baby, to my dismay I am not so certain that that is the case any longer. On and off for months I have had trouble with my feet and calves going numb. At first they felt like I was standing in a pile of snow barefoot. I could never get them warm. Eventually that went away and my left leg was no longer numb, but the right remained. I would see my chiropractor on and off trying to get this corrected. Occasionally I would find myself with another symptom one a bit more difficult to explain to people...My skin hurt. And hurt badly. Various parts of my body would become extremely hypersensitive. The slightest touch would send me crying in